Voted Saratoga County’s “Best DJ Service”, according to the Saratoga Today Newspapers, June 2013!
Mazel Tov on your Child’s Mitzvah! Our all-inclusive package below is from start to finish, your Entertainment Specialist DJs and MC will deliver a uniquely designed, cutting-edge smoothly choreographed event tailored to your needs.
We offer our best package in the Capital Region and NYC! Capital Disc Jockeys are the MOST Experienced in Mitzvahs that can includes a high energy MC, upbeat and clean fun party music with our Awesome DJ!! We travel all over the Capital Region, NYC, Long Island and beyond!
The All-Inclusive Mitzvah Package Includes: (Call for quote!)
- At least 4 staff members of Capital DJs including your MC Timmy Weekend, Experienced in Mitzvahs since 1996, providing high energy party from start to finish!
- Extensive planning assistance and on-site event coordination
- On-Line Planner and Music database
- Pre-Event Consultation with your DJ/MC
- Blessing of the Challah and Motzi
- Candle-lighting ceremony (If needed)
- Separate Cocktail hour prior to entering the ballroom!
- LED Lights for the dance floor
- The Best Dance Contests and Games
- Prize Giveaways
- Party Pack (Hawaiian Leis, tambourines, sunglasses, beads)
- Includes our Open Air Photobooth and/or our Uplighting!
A few contests we’ve done! This is a short version of the High heel shoe contest at Noah’s Bar Mitzvah at the Glen Sanders Mansion in Scotia, NY.
A short version of the Coke and Pepsi game, a MUST for Mitzvahs!
The Treasure Hunt game! Another MUST for Mitzvahs!
A must have for your child’s Mitzvah is our Open Air Photobooth. The most unique and fun Photobooth in the Capital Region! With Unlimited Photos, our props, magnets for your refrigerator and more! Call for an exact quote. Our service and quality are unmatched! Why? 26 years in the DJ business, Bose sound systems, fun and interactive MCs and DJs who will play the right music!
Direct quote from a Bar Mitzvah client held at the Century House in Latham NY.
“We had a wonderful time and fully enjoyed your services. Julie’s friends commented that that was “the best party – ever!”
Traditional Bar/Bat-Mitzvah Format
Please remember that Capital Disc Jockeys will tailor to the format that you wish to enhance at your celebration. Whether it’s formal or informal, all details will be discussed typically a month before the event meeting. This is just a guide for what the “traditional” format has been for the Capital District area…
1. Guests first arrive -For the first ½ hour to 45 minutes is known as the “cocktail hour” where guests will mingle, drink, and snack. Your DJ will greet your guests, and may briefly explain events or point out special details for the day.
2. Introduction of family & Guest of Honor-Your DJ will coordinate lining up the immediate family members, with possibly grandparents, from outside the party room, to be introduced in.
3. The Motzi, or Blessing over the bread, is usually done by 1 or 2 male relatives (Grandfathers in many cases). Following the Motzi may be an optional toast to the guest of honor from his/her parents.
(Note: We will provide a cordless microphone to any scheduled guest upon speaking)
4. Candle lighting
Here is where the Guest of honor conducts and designates family & friends to light 13 candles (sometimes more) in honor of the Bar/Bat-Mitzvah celebrant. The act of lighting each candle can consist of an individual family member, a friend, or several individuals, beginning with the oldest family members (grandparents, etc.,) and ending with brothers, sisters, and parents. Music: Traditionally, Jewish music is played for when guests are called to light their candle. However, it is not unusual for the guest of honor to designate certain songs for his or her guests for each candle. If this is the case, The list of those corresponding songs (in order of each candle) should be submitted to the DJ at the meeting – or by mail, fax, or e-mail 1 week prior to the event. Capital DJs will supply a the very best in popular candle lighting songs, categorized to generically fit each family member or friend.
5. Hora-Your DJ will help conduct the Hora, including the coordinating the Guest of Honor and any family members by chair.
6. Dinner- Many reception locations provide a kids buffet, along with a sit-down dinner for the adults.
Since the kids will usually finish dinner before the adults do, most games and contests that are requested are performed at this time. The goal of your DJ here is to provide a constructive, focused, and organized but fun atmosphere for the kids, without trying to disrupt the socializing of adults during their dinner. Discussion of what games & contests to play, and recommended prizes to be supplied are discussed at the meeting.
Traditionally all open dancing begins at this point, welcoming guests of all ages to the dance floor. Giveaways are included by your DJ for participation dances such as Village people attire for the YMCA, giveaways mentioned above, Etc.
Note: Capital DJs will be happy to play your musical requests, and also as certain a “not to play” songlist.